Industrial Resources, Inc. (IR) is seeking a fitter/fabricator to join our growing team. IR is a turnkey design-build contractor specializing in custom bulk material handling systems. IR has in house design, detail, fabrication, and construction capabilities complimented by West Virginia Electric, Inc., a full-service electrical design-build sister company. IR and WVE are wholly owned subsidiary companies of Victory of WV and have been in business for over 70 years. This position can work from our offices in Carnegie, PA and/or Fairmont, WV.
- Position, align, and fit parts to form complete units or sub-units according to specifications on engineering drawings and blueprints and using jigs, torches, and hand tools.
- Lay out and examine metal stock or work pieces to be processed to ensure that specifications are met.
- Set up and operate fabricating machines, such as brakes, rolls, shears, grinders, and drill presses, to bend, cut, form, punch, drill, or otherwise form and assemble metal components.
- Cut bevels using cutting torches and portable grinders.
- Structural steel, plate and pipe fitting experience required.
- Tack welding experience required with MIG and Stick Welders.
- Applicants must possess experience operating overhead crane.
- Applicants must be dedicated to working safe, be knowledgeable in safe work practices in a shop/manufacturing environment.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Paid Holidays